Blyth Anglican Cemetery, Blyth, Huron County, Ontario, Canada


OpenStreetMap

Latitude: 43.74410, Longitude: -81.43272
Blyth Anglican Cemetery

Notes:
BLYTH ANGLICAN CEMETERY
(Found off lane at the North end of North Street in Blyth.)

In 1881, James Potter donated land for a burial ground just northwest of the village of Blyth, to the southwest of the present sewage treatment plant.

Today, some of the stones have been placed on a cement pad; some have been moved to Blyth Union Cemetery, and some are still standing on the original site.

There are stones here dated earlier than recorded interments, including one from 1863, but these are believed to have been moved from some other cemetery. The first recorded burial was that of Thomas Ritchie, in 1881, aged 3 years, and the last was for Mrs. Thomas Woodcook, in 1929, aged 79.

This cemetery was once used and cared for by the members of Trinity Anglican Church, Blyth, but since 1967, has been maintained by the township.

(Courtesy Wilderness to Wawanosh)


Cemetery Photos

   Thumb   Description 
1
POTTER
POTTER
James Potter - Find A Grave: 130649310 

Headstones

 Thumb Description Status Location Name (Died/Buried)
POTTER
POTTER
James Potter 
Located    James Potter (d. 1913)
 
WALLACE
WALLACE
Isabella Potter (Wallace) - Find A Grave: 130649192 
Located    Isabella Wallace (d. 18 Mar 1895)
 
WALLACE
WALLACE
Isabella Potter (Wallace) 
Located    Isabella Wallace (d. 18 Mar 1895)
 

All Burials

 #   Last Name, Given Name(s)   Buried   Person ID 
1. Cockerline, Emily   d. 1940 Blyth, Ontario, Canada Find all individuals with events at this location I745
2. Potter, George   d. 17 Sep 1950 Blyth, Ontario, Canada Find all individuals with events at this location I438
3. Potter, John   d. 1947 Blyth, Ontario, Canada Find all individuals with events at this location I436
4. Watson, Elizabeth   d. 1965 Blyth, Ontario, Canada Find all individuals with events at this location I719